Bare metal Kubernetes as a Service: How to have your cake and eat it too!
Available To Watch
About the webinar
When developers are asking for Kubernetes infrastructure, they want it fast, consistent, and without limits! Platform engineering, IT, and DevOps teams are adopting Kubernetes as a Service (KaaS) now more than ever to streamline efficiency for dev teams and operations. But what happens when the requirement involves deploying clusters directly on top of bare metal servers and making sure the experience for multiple global dev teams is the same… everywhere?
In this webinar, Joe Searcy (Staff Engineer, T-Mobile), Anton Smith (Product Manager, Canonical), and Saad Malik (CTO and Co-founder, Spectro Cloud) talk about the challenge of building a repeatable process to deploy and offer K8s to developers without compromising on performance, cost and governance or disrupting the existing automation and processes in place.
What you will learn
- The business requirement: driving organizational change to support new workloads using containers for multiple application development teams
- Why bare metal Kubernetes makes sense: benefits and adoption journey
- Bare metal challenges: why managing the Operating System is the critical layer and what are the implications
- The solution: how to treat bare metal Kubernetes clusters like any other cluster across Day 0 - Day 2 operations, and manage everything with one automation strategy
- The road ahead: what's next for modern Kubernetes management