Developer Relations Manager
Who We Are?
We are Spectro Cloud. A super fast-growing Silicon-Valley-based startup on a mission to make Kubernetes easy for every IT, DevOps team and developer out there. Our unique container management platform takes away the management pain and leaves only the open-source greatness for developers to unleash application innovation, anywhere!
What’s The Job?
Backed by our great investors with enough funding to get us to the moon (and back), we are expanding our product team, looking for a developer relations manager, reporting to our Head of Marketing, who will take our brand status with the dev community to the next level. Here at Spectro Cloud, developers are at the center of what we do, as our platform and strategy is built to make their life easier. The developer relations manager is the bridge between the company and the developer community, and therefore an important ambassador on both sides. Your mission is to use your passion to establish Spectro Cloud as a leading dev-focused brand in the community and contribute to our growth, with a seat at the table when it comes to defining the feature strategy for our platform.
What You’ll be doing?
You’ll be the bridge between Spectro Cloud and the community. Use your passion to establish Spectro Cloud as a leading dev-focused presence in the community.
- You will build and own a strategy that focuses on how to influence the development community identifying the right channels, working with the founders, marketing and sales team
- You will contribute and work on developer-focused content (blogs, webinars, demo recordings, podcasts, etc) and events (e.g meetups, open source committee discussions)
- You will identify and empower product champions in the community and the potential sales and marketing opportunities, increasing awareness of Spectro Cloud’s open-source role, projects and initiatives
- You can work from anywhere you want (although we would like to see you face to face from time to time) and manage your own time.
- You will challenge us (we like being challenged)
- You will have a lot of fun along the way (we think that's one of the most important parts)
- 3+ Years of experience in open-source and community engagement
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills (English)
- Confident and passionate public speaker, with experience in dev meetups and other conferences
- Hands-on with Linux, containers, Kubernetes (K8s), and shell scripting
- Good understanding of Kubernetes and ecosystem integrations (logging, monitoring, security, ingress, etc)
- Knowledge of common Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment toolchain components such as Git, Terraform, Ansible, Helm, ArgoCD, GitLab and Jenkins
- Familiarity with the modern enterprise technology landscape and trends (public clouds, open source, cloud native, etc). University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related discipline
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Experience with CNCF is a big plus